Wednesday 25 February 2009

25 Feb

At this moment I’m having a very strong motivation of updating my blog, after being pushed by a few of them.

Right after CNY, I started my Mechanical Engineering degree studies at Taylor's UC located at Subang Jaya. It's a twinning course which taken 2 years locally and another 2 years at UK. Generally speaking, it's totally a new thing for me, new school, new course, new friend, new area, and of course a brand new LIFE. First of all talking about friends, most of my course mates were actually taking their Pre-U at Taylor's previously, by that means they actually joined this course in a gang, and they already had their own group of friends. Honestly speaking, I’m not a very skilled person when socializing with strangers, and I’m not very aggressive in making new friends. During the first few days of lectures, I felt so afraid of being in a room with people that I don’t know, I tried to say Hi to a few of them but then on the next day, you'll become a total stranger to them again, I don't know if my voice was too soft, or they just pretended to be a deaf man. Sitting in a row with them but in fact you're just being a lonely guy. Anyway, I'm really glad that I’ve found my group of friends over a short time, and I felt that this is what I was actually looking for so long since Pre-u, pretty hardworking, cheerful, friendly, humble, and most importantly the willingness to be together with you. During our free/break time, we'll sometimes hangout at Asia café having lunch, in the cybercafé or having pool at Asia Club, studying in the ECA, surfing in The Web, and so on. From my heart, I feel so grateful of being friend with you guys.

Talking of lectures, my very first impression is the timetable, and basically the thing I hate the most. We had around 6 hours of class everyday, class starts from 8am to 6pm daily, and thank God Friday is slightly better, we start at 10am. All of our free time is framed between lectures. Well, there’s pros and cons behind it, pros is that we can actually spend more time together discussing about homework/assignments, rather than doing it at home oneself, solving the problem oneself. Cons is that we’re not having enough of time to rest, and I think I might need to give up my gym for the time being, I don’t wanna/can’t squeeze gymming into my schedule anymore, or I’m sure I’ll be really damn exhausted and in another sense it’s a wastage of money when I’ve no time to hit the gym on weekdays. Perhaps I’ll try to look around for those Pay-per-Entry gym centres.

The first 2 weeks of classes were really exhaustive as I don’t use to spend so many hours in school, and having 6-8 hours of lectures everyday. Thus, everyday is about new stuff, our digestive system have to be really efficient to absorb the entire syllabus. Teaching Methods are rather different than Pre-U, the pace is so much faster than before, and my life is so much plenitude than ever. We learnt 1-2 sub-chapters every period in pre-u, but we’re now doing a whole damn chapter each period, definitely a significant increment of work loads. I really needed to try my very best to adapt with this kind of supersonic long hours flight.

As time goes by, I guess everything will go even smoother, as long as I keep everything staying on the track everyday. Consider of everything is getting tougher everyday, I really had to be well prepared for every obstacles, and voyage, strive to get through everything, and eventually realize my dreams. Same wish goes to everyone of you guys as well, thanks for reading it, and sorry for not updating it for the past 2 months. :peace:

2 comments:

cklim said...

all da bst..gambate

Calv's said...

Thanks..U too. :)