Sunday 5 April 2009

2009 F1 Malaysia Grand Prix



Watching F1 was always my dream since I was in high school. Why? I'm craving for that because of its speed, its power, its passion, and of course its God dammit screams. We got our tickets from a promotion booth at Segi College, cost Rm10/ticket instead of RM100. We didn't go for the exhibition, qualifying, and the concert by Jamiroquai(I don’t know who's he) but only the RACE.

Woke up pretty late this afternoon, took my shower, and went out having lunch with Suresh while waiting for his friend to pick us up. The race started at 5pm, we arrived at Sepang around 3pm and caught in the jam for >1hr until we arrived at our parking area. Parked our car, and quickly walked to entrance. Got our ticket scanned, and there we go.




The race started with Negaraku, and a testing lap by safety car, and drivers. When the national anthem being played, I felt kinda awkward, never been standing still as a crowd for a few years since graduated from high school, but yea..I can still remember how to sing it. Haha..The 2nd picture was taken during the testing lap. Our position is right after a sharp 90dgr turn, and then the driver will accelerates again. So when the first car passed by, I was seriously stunned by its sound, it really screamed until the floor was vibrating in very high frequency. As cars passed by continuously, I started to feel the pain inside my ear, and my head was getting heavier. After 10 laps, the cloud started to come upon our head, and the day is getting darker, until it started to rain on 15th laps and ended up we gave up watching it at 21st lap. Too bad, we didn’t witness to any accident.

On our way back to Subang Jaya, I was shocked when I heard the race was suspended from my friend, whose brother was watching Live at home, due to bad road condition and weather. After that, we continued watching at a Mamak Stall, while having our dinner there. By that time, the race was still suspending until 30 minutes later, it was announced as 'The race will not be restarted', and the race ended at 32nd lap. Raikkonen was out..too bad.

1. Jensen Button
2. Nick Heidfeld
3. Timo Clock

Here are 2 more pictures taken during the race.



Ciao'ing..

No comments: