Sunday 8 June 2008

Pre-U Graduation

Yeah...one year of effort....finally I was able to be one of the graduates of 34th CIMP Graduation Ceremony, which was held 2 days ago...6th June 2008.

On Thursday night, I took out everything that I’ll be wearing on Friday include shirts, pants, socks, shoes and tie...I had also re-ironed my shirt and pant since they looked somehow messy. Other than that, I practiced on how to tie up my tie properly, I had never touched a tie since I graduated from high school, which was more than one year ago. Thank God I still remembered how to tie it up properly with a pleasing symmetry.

I know I can’t be late to such important ceremony in my life, there was 3 alarms in my little room, include my phone, clock, which are beside my bed usually, and my laptop on my desk, which I usually have to wake up to shut it up. Yeah...I woke up 'successfully' because I slept on 2.30a.m. Night before and I had only four and a half hours more to sleep until 7 a.m.. Shut all of them up, and I went for a shower. Put on all my clothes and styled up my hair. Before I went out from my room, I took photos on myself from different angles to check if i looked neat and alright. I called a cab and I go down stairs to wait for it. I arrived at school around 8.15a.m., I went to the cafeteria to meet my friend and I got myself a chicken sandwich. Right after we finished our breakfast, we went to 4th floor to collect our academic gown. Out of my mind, it was so crowded while almost 50 people crammed into a small little room. Luckily there was air-cond inside the room. I put on my academic gown but I had no idea on how to put it on properly so that it looks cool. The gown company's staff which I believed was a photographer helped me out with that. After we settled down, we went into auditorium for a briefing on the progression of the ceremony includes our seating area and standing spot when we are up on the stage.

The ceremony started with graduates walking into the hall, I was the 4th last graduates to walk into the hall since my name started with "Y". There were hundreds pair of eye welcoming us with smiles and I believed every graduated include myself were being honoured. I sat on the last row of reserved seats. The ceremony was then continued with speeches by the VIPs. After speeches, our moments began. The souvenir giving session began with students who achieved average mark of >90s, >80s, and the rest. Same thing, I was also the 4th last graduates to go up the stage. The hall was full of claps and cheers. Camera was flashing on every of our joyful and cheerful moments. When my moment started, I can’t hear anything around me because I was too nervous and I was trying to conceal my nervousness by smiling pleasantly. Thankfully I was doing fine, went back to my seat and our moments ended smoothly. The ceremony was then continued with speech by Valedictorian, SuYin, and closing speech by our Program Director. After their speech, the ceremony was officially ended and VIPs were passing by and walked out from the hall. All of the graduates were having group photo on the stage. After that, we collected our transcript and having photo session with friends around the hall. Half an hour after, we returned our gown and collect our deposit. I had my lunch with my friends at restaurant nearby and then I went back to my house.

Here's some pics...

Although I had graduated, I’ll still stay in CIMP to do my 3rd semester, because my average mark wasn’t enough to get into Monash U. Anyway, this ceremony really meant a lot to me, it was my first time attending graduation ceremony and it was my first time being one of the graduates too. Alright guys...that's all from me...shall go now....Bye^^

No comments: