Friday 24 October 2008

24 Oct

hey guys, never had an entry for exactly a month. Was being pretty good these days. Just feel like writing about my life at this moment.

I'm gonna finish my CIMP very soon, a total of less than 4 weeks of classes. Final exam fell on the last week of November, and my last paper ends on my birthday, what a coincidence, wish I can do really well on that. Am gonna be doing engineering after this, most probably at Taylor's UC. I had been scratching my head on all these stuff throughout these months. It's a twinning program, BEng(1+2) or MEng(2+2). They're both undergraduate. Humbly say, I can get into both types of degrees, but what really matters me is money. 2 years in UK is gonna cost up to RM200k+-, and I guess my parents can hardly afford that within 2 years. Furthermore, each year spent in Malaysia costs around RM40k. So the total would be either 240k or 280k. Hence, my friend and I came out with a solution, instead of 1+2, we make it as 2+1, but as far as I heard, in order to be recognized by IMechE, ECUK (Institution of Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Council of UK), one has to study at a particular university for 2 years, or he/she is just a normal engineer after graduation, and not eligible to own any title(CEng, IEng, Ir and so on), which is valuable for engineers. On the other hand, I received a different idea from the UK side(U of Birmingham and IMechE, ECUK), ECUK claimed that it's all depends on the school itself, while UoB replied that spending 1 year in their school is always alright for a recognized engineer.

Until we went to Taylor's UC yesterday, the counselor fetched us back to out very first problem, which is spending 2 years in UK is a must. Sigh...and the Malay told that there's another Engineer Board, IEB, International Engineering Board. I went home and searched google'ed that, guess what? IEB is Institution of Engineering, BANGLADESH. WTH!! I doubted that she had outdated, or she failed in memorizing stuff. Whatever it is, I’m gonna submit the application form after I came back from Deepavali, as well as calling the UK side once again to double confirm.

2 comments:

cklim said...

do more research. find more alternatives, eventually u can get the solution..cheers

Calv's said...

Thanks for ur suggestion.

I'll try to collect as much information as i could before going to UK...:)